Many believe the Samosa comes from central Asia before the 10th century and designed it’s way to Indian native via the ancient trade routes .The Samosa is the most well-known from a family of packed pastries or which involves which involves dumplings which were well-known from South African-American to European .Ancient Arabic cooking guides talk about the Samosa as Sanbusak and this enunciation is still used in The red sea, Syria and Lebanon. Today, the ease of travel and the sophisticated characteristics of communication has created the Samosa a well-known treat in many parts of the world.
How to make samosa recipe
There are many types of samosa all around the India but vegetable samosa is most favorite then any others.
List of Ingredients
For the filling:
- Potatoes – 1 1/2 lbs, boiled, peeled and cubed
- Ginger/Green Chili – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Lime / Lemon juice
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
- Frozen Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Whole Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro – 10 sprigs, chopped
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Ajwain (Carrom Seeds) – 1/4 tsp
- Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp
- Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp
- Soak Coriander Seeds and Fennel Seeds with worm water and keep aside.
- In a dish, mix All-purpose flour, Sodium and Ajwain.
- Add 2 Tbsps. Oil and mix until all the oil is well mixed into the flour.
- Add Lemon/Lime Juice and Water and rub into a smooth dough and then let is time for twenty minutes.
- Mix well , the boiled, cubed Potatoes, add Salt, Garam Masala, Dry Mango Powder, Sugar, Cilantro, Ginger/Green Chili, Lemon Juice, and the drained Coriander/Fennel Seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin Seeds, Asafoetida and Green Peas, and then Prepare for 1-2 minutes until peas are tender.
- Add potato mixture combination and prepare for a few minutes until warmed and then keep cool from room temperature.
- Divide Dough into small portions
- Roll out each portion of dough on oval shape
- To make two semi-ovals Cut the oval down the center
- Lift one side of the flat edge and brush plain water on it. Lift the opposite side and overlap the two edges to form a cone shape. Press the seams gently to seal.
- Raise one part of the smooth part and sweep simply water on it Lift the opposite part and overlap the two edges to form a cone shape.
- Brush water around the edge and fill the potato mixture into the cone.
- Fry until the it gets golden color.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney.
Health tips for samosa recipe
Samosa is most popular Indian snacks around the world but it is not a healthy food. It raises blood sugar in human body and also promotes fat storage. it is harmful for diabetics patient .This snacks contains high volume of calories.