Pasta + broccoli + butter + parmesan is my favorite quick-fix meal (Bowties or Broccoli). This week, I found that adding a little ranch spice mix to top it all is a great way to take it up a notch! Ranch Broccoli Pasta is easy to prepare and full of ranch flavor.
HOW DO YOU USE RANCH SEASONINGS?Half of my homemade Ranch Seasoning was used in this recipe. However, you can also use a packet of ranch seasoning mix from a grocery store. The recipe uses 1.5 Tbsp ranch seasoning. This is approximately half the amount in a packet. You can always add more seasoning to your preference!
ANY PASTA CAN BE USEDThis quick and easy meal is also great because you can use any pasta. It's also a great way to use any leftover pasta boxes you have (if you are like me and don't cook a whole pound at once).
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ADD?This recipe can be used as a starting point for many fun variations. These are some additional ingredients that you can use to spice up this simple meal.
- Grilled chicken sliced
- Grated Parmesan
- Grape tomatoes sliced in half.
RANCH BROCCOLI PASTARanch Broccoli Pasta is easy to make in minutes and has a delicious, creamy, tangy ranch flavor! Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 oz. Pasta (any shape) $0.50
- 1/2 lb. frozen broccoli florets ($0.72)
- 2 Tbsp butter (0.20)
- 1.5 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning ($0.27)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to your taste) ($0.01)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper ($0.01)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. After the pasta has boiled, add it to the boiling water and boil for another 7-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is tender, add the frozen broccoli to the boiling water. Let it sit for approximately one minute. The starchy pasta water should be reserved for 1/4 cup. Drain the pasta and broccoli in the colander.
- Turn off the heat and return the pasta and broccoli that have been drained to the pot. Stir in the butter and ranch seasoning. Continue to stir until all is well coated with the butter. Add a splash of reserved pasta water if the paste becomes too dry.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper and taste. Serve hot.
HOW TO MAKE RANCH BROCCOLI PASTA
- Bring large quantities of water to a boil. After the pasta has boiled, add it to the boiling water and boil for another 7-10 minutes. The frozen broccoli florets can be added during the final minute of boiling. Reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta liquid, and drain the pasta in a colander.
- The drained broccoli and pasta should be returned to the pot. Heat the butter until melted. Add about 1.5 Tbsp Ranch seasoning mix and 2 Tbsp butter. Stir the butter into the pasta and coat with seasonings. Add a splash of reserved pasta water if the paste becomes dry.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot! So simple, so delicious. 🙂